Monday, January 10, 2011

Sew I thought...

(I stole that line from her)
I think I didn't tell you that one, but I made the resolution to finally get into sewing more this year. Most of the sewing experience I have so far is with refashioning. That's not so big because you don't need to make patterns and it's very quick and doesn't need a lot of material. But I'd like to actually make some of my stuff myself, especially underwear. Well, I thought I'd start with the easiest option there and make some panties.
I took one of my favourite pair and traced around front and back, making two pieces out of some old T-shirt. Not much more to it. The first pair with the bow is a bit rough around the edges as you might see on the picture, so I read a bit about making nice seams and had a close look at some bought ones and then set to work on the second pair. They already look much nicer.





These panties are part of a project that I decided to go with to keep me motivated. It is called Project Restyle. Participators pledge to make items from damaged, unwanted or unusable stuff every week and post about it. I think it sounds like a lot of fun! :o)

2 Comments:

Robin Ange said...

What a genius idea and a great way to upcycle!

If you don't mind I would love it if you linked up to my weekly upcycled/stashbusting linky pary (Upcycled Awesome) at www.thetshirtdiaries.com or use this link: http://tinyurl.com/upcycled49

Anonymous said...

I have got to try this. I am drowning in a stash of t-shirts donated to my by family members and I could use more panties. These look so comfy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...