Saturday, August 7, 2010

*Real* work


We were both pretty nervous to actually start cutting the wood.
Trev was busy all week finishing the program that told us exactly where to measure the wood so we didn't have to mark angles, and it worked like a charm with minumum waste on the planks.



We worked all afternoon until the sun went down and got almost everything done. We will have to finish the cutting next week, then sand everything and screw the pieces together. Then it is already time to set up the floor.
I will also order the bamboo next week, so we can start on the trellises.

I would never have imagined how rewarding physical work is. It just makes me feel so satisfied and at piece with myself and the world. I like doing the work, and I like coming home in the evening and feeling exhausted and knowing why. ;o)

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...